- Nile & 'Nard's music really have
been the soundtrack to my life.
- From the first record I ever danced to in a club, Le Freak, to me & my girl's song,
Thinking Of You by Sister Sledge.
Chic only consciously followed one trend, disco. "To peddle our own
brand of r & b jazz", Nile said in an interview.
- Their grooves don't just make your toes tap - they're
irresistably intoxicating. Mesmeric bordering on the hypnotic. I get drawn
into every instrument of their records - guitars, bass, drums, strings,
keyboards & the subtle but very effective piano.
- They cared for the music hence their longevity. Thousands
more copied them ensuring immortality. Their work's are now considered
modern masterpieces, still played & analysed today. They set up their
own production co., the Chic Organisation. Nowadays everyone has their
- For over 20 years I'd bore anyone who'd listen that they
were the most influential dance group of all time. Innovators, fantastic
musicians & timeless songwriters. Their influence transcended all musical
forms, rock, pop, funk, & disco and influenced generations of musicians,
- Celebrate with me. Long live CHIC!